- This event has passed.
Soldier On Regional Hiking Camp: Vancouver Island, BC
30 Apr 17 - 7 May 17
Soldier On Regional Hiking Camp: Vancouver Island, BC – 30 Apr-06 May 2017
Soldier On will be holding the Western Regional Hiking Camp from April 30-May 6, 2017, on the Juan de Fuca trail on Vancouver Island, British Columbia. This activity is for both serving and Veteran physical and/or mental health ill/injured members to use sport as part of their recovery, rehabilitation, and reintegration. Ill/injured members will conduct a series of hikes on Vancouver Island Trailhead to the various campsites on a well-established trail system. All transportation and guiding fees for this event are paid for by the Soldier On Fund.
– 30 April 2017: Travel Day
– 01 May: Botanical Beach to Payazant Creek (7 km)
– 02 May: Payzant Creek to Sombrio Beach (11 km)
– 03 May: Sombrio Beach to Chin Beach (8 km)
– 04 May: Chin Beach to Bear Beach (11 km)
– 05 May: Bear Beach to China Beach (10 km)
– 06 May: Return Travel Day
Nomination deadline is 8 March 2017
Note: Chain of Command and possible doctor’s recommendation will be required as part of the application for serving members, For retired members the doctor’s recommendation is required.
For any questions or queries, please contact the Soldier On Western Region Co-ordinator at ext. 3004