The PPCLI website, located at https://www.ppcli.com/ and including any related software, apps, webpages, websites and associated products and services, including without limitation the PPCLI Home, Kit Shop, Regimental Calendar, Contacts and Login webpages or websites, (collectively, the “Website”), is provided, owned and/or operated by the PPCLI Fund. The Website shall include any new software, apps, webpages, websites, products, services, or client interface mechanisms which may be added from time to time.
- The information collected by PPCLI;
- How PPCLI collects, retains, uses, discloses, destroys and protects your personal information;
- Certain of your options and obligations as a user of the Website;
- Your requests to access or correct your personal information; and
- How to contact
Compliance with Legislation
Our Commitment to Your Privacy
PPCLI is committed to protecting your personal information and privacy and considers matters relating to the protection of your personal information and privacy to be of the utmost importance. PPCLI adheres to the following principles to protect your privacy:
- All information which you provide to PPCLI will be protected with industry-standard protocols and
- “personal information” means information about an identifiable individual. Personal information does not include information that cannot be attributed to you as an identifiable individual, such as information of an aggregate or anonymous
In the context of the Website, examples of personal information may include, without limitation, an individual’s name, e-mail address, mailing address, phone number, credit card or payment information, other account information, photographs, videos or stories.
Personal Information Aggregated or Made Anonymous
To the extent that PPCLI makes any of your personal information anonymous or aggregates it with the personal information of others such that it can no longer be attributed to you, your information will no longer be considered to be personal information and PPCLI is entitled to use, retain, disclose and destroy such information in its absolute discretion.
Choosing to Provide Personal Information
When using the Website and dealing with PPCLI, you may choose not to provide certain of your personal information. If you choose not to provide all information reasonably requested of you, it may limit the manner in which you can make use of the Website and otherwise interact with PPCLI or you may not be able to use the Website or to interact with PPCLI at all.
You provide implied consent to the collection, retention, use, and disclosure of your personal information for a particular purpose if you voluntarily provide the information to PPCLI for that particular purpose and it is reasonable that a person would voluntarily provide that information.
In certain circumstances, including without limitation when dealing with certain legal, medical or security issues, PPCLI may be authorised or required by law to disclose your personal information without seeking or obtaining your knowledge or consent.
Consent via Opt-In or Opt-Out in Certain Circumstances
PPCLI may, from time to time, provide you with a reasonable opportunity to opt-out of certain collections, uses and disclosures of your personal information. You implicitly consent to a particular collection, use or disclosure your personal information if you fail to indicate within a reasonable time that you wish to opt-out of the particular collection, use or disclosure when you are given a reasonable opportunity to do so.
PPCLI also may, from time to time, provide you with a reasonable opportunity to opt-in to certain collections, uses and disclosures of your personal information. If you do not opt-in to a particular collection, use or disclosure of your personal information when given a reasonable opportunity to do so, you do not consent to your personal information being collected, used or disclosed in that particular manner.
Where the PPCLI provides an opt-in or opt-out opportunity, PPCLI will use the opt-out method when the particular collection, use or disclosure does not pertain to sensitive information or would be reasonably expected by the user of the Website. PPCLI will use the opt-in method in all other circumstances.
Changing or Withdrawing Consent
If you withdraw certain consents reasonably requested of you and necessary for you to make use of the Website or to otherwise interact with PPCLI, it may limit the manner in which you can make use of the Website and otherwise interact with PPCLI or you may not be able to use the Website or interact with PPCLI at all.
Your ability to change or withdraw consent is not absolute. PPCLI reserves the right to continue handling your personal information in those circumstances required or permitted by law despite a change or withdrawal of consent.
Any change to or withdrawal of consent will not apply retroactively.
Collection of Personal Information
In some instances, PPCLI may collect your personal information directly from a third party, in which case PPCLI will obtain your consent to such collection unless required or permitted by law not to obtain your consent or unless the third party provided confirmation to PPCLI that it is entitled or required by law to disclose your personal information to PPCLI.
The following, without limitation, are particular circumstances in which PPCLI may collect your personal information:
- PPCLI collects personal information from you when you register an account, place an order, make a donation or upload a photograph, video or a story on the Website, respond to an electronic survey or communication from PPCLI, such as e-mail, or use or participate in another feature of the Website. In particular, when registering an account, placing an order, making a donation or uploading a photograph or story on the Website, PPCLI may ask you for your name, e-mail address, mailing address, phone number, credit card or payment information or other
- PPCLI also may collect information, including without limitation their name and address, about recipients of gifts purchased or individuals for whom donations have been made in their tribute on the Website so that it can fulfill the gift purchase or carry out and notify the appropriate individual(s) of the tribute. PPCLI does not use the personal information collected regarding recipients of gifts purchased or individuals for whom donations have been made in their tribute on the Website for marketing
Use of Personal Information
The following, without limitation, are particular circumstances in which PPCLI may use your personal information without obtaining your further consent. By providing your personal information to PPCLI, you consent to the following uses:
- using identification information and contact information, such as your name, address and e-mail address, to provide you with information about PPCLI when you request that information;
- using identification information and contact information, such as your name, address and e-mail address, so that PPCLI can identify you and deliver the products and services that you request and can communicate with you regarding those products and services, including without limitation when responding to your customer service requests;
- using payment method preferences and related financial information that you provide to PPCLI so that PPCLI can obtain payment for the products and services that you request and can process transactions in an efficient manner;
- using information relating to your preferences so that PPCLI can deliver products and services and the Website to you in accordance with those preferences;
- using customer relationship information such as your products and services requests, instructions, comments and feedback to assist PPCLI in delivering products and services and the Website in accordance with your preferences;
- using personal information for the purpose for which it was provided and certain other activities that are reasonably ancillary to that purpose;
- using your e-mail address to administer a promotion or survey or to provide you with information about new features and/or enhancements to PPCLI’s products and services and to the Website, unless you choose to unsubscribe to such messages in accordance with CASL, where applicable;
- analyzing your personal information to assist PPCLI in developing and enhancing its products and services or the Website; and
- analyzing your personal information to assist PPCLI in conducting market analysis and strategic
Disclosure of Personal Information
The following, without limitation, are particular circumstances in which PPCLI may disclose your personal information without obtaining your further consent. By providing your personal information to PPCLI, you consent to the following disclosures:
- where the disclosure is set out in any related documentation for the Website or is reasonably expected through the use and operation of the Website;
- where PPCLI is under a duty to disclose your personal information in order to comply with any applicable legal obligation, legal or regulatory process or an order or request of a government institution, investigative body, regulatory body or judicial authority of competent jurisdiction;
- where PPCLI believes in good faith that disclosure is necessary:
- to investigate, prevent or take action regarding suspected or actual illegal activities or to assist government enforcement agencies or investigative bodies in that regard;
- to enforce the Terms and Conditions of Use or any other policies of the Website or any agreements to which PPCLI is a party;
- to investigate and defend PPCLI against any third party claims or allegations;
- to protect the security or integrity of the Website; and/or
- to exercise or protect the rights, property or personal safety of PPCLI, its users, employees, or others; and
Cookies are used on the Website. A “cookie’ is small piece of data that resides on your computer, smart phone, tablet or other device that you use to access the Internet. It is transferred by a website to be stored on a visitor’s Internet browser so that it can be recognized by the website to identify the visitor on subsequent visits to the website from the same device and Internet browser.
Cookies do not enable PPCLI to identify a particular visitor unless that visitor has previously provided personal information during a visit.
If your Internet browser permits, you may adjust the settings of your Internet browser to notify you when you receive a cookie or to reject cookies altogether, but in some cases doing so may impact your ability to use the Website. Because each Internet browser is different, users of the Website should check the “Help” menu of their Internet browsers to learn how to change their cookie preferences.
If you adjust your Internet browser settings to reject cookies, you may no longer have access to certain features of and services on the Website. However, you may nevertheless place an order from the PPCLI Kit Shop by telephone by contacting PPCLI’s customer service.
Other Collection, Use and Disclosure of Personal Information
PPCLI also reserves the right to collect, use and disclose your personal information without your knowledge or consent where permitted or required by law.
Accuracy and Completeness of Personal Information
When PPCLI collects, uses or discloses personal information, it will make a reasonable effort to ensure that the personal information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete to the extent that is reasonable for PPCLI’s purposes in collecting, using or disclosing the information. To do so, it may be necessary for PPCLI to request additional information from you or have you verify your personal information. Should your personal information change, please inform PPCLI of the change(s) so that your personal information in PPCLI’s possession remains accurate and complete.
Retention and Destruction of Personal Information
PPCLI may retain your personal information for as long as it reasonably requires your personal information for the purposes for which it was collected or for legal or business purposes. For example, PPCLI may retain information about an individual sales transaction in order to service that transaction or to keep records for legal or business purposes.
Within a reasonable time period after PPCLI no longer reasonably requires your personal information for the purposes for which it was collected or for legal or business purposes, PPCLI either will destroy the records under its custody or control containing your personal information or it will render your personal information anonymous so that it can no longer be used to identify you.
Security of Personal Information
PPCLI recognizes its obligation to protect personal information that is in its custody or under its control by implementing reasonable security safeguards to keep confidential and secure your personal information against risks such as loss, theft, and unauthorized access, collection, use, disclosure, copying, modification, disposal or destruction. These reasonable safeguards may vary depending on the circumstances, including the level of sensitivity of the personal information, and may include secured networks, restricting access to authorized individuals on a need-to-know basis, locked doors and/or filing cabinets, other organizational, physical or technological security measures, and contractual measures such as non-disclosure or confidentiality agreements.
When you place orders or access your account on the Website, PPCLI offers the use of a secure server. All personal and financial information which you supply on the Website is transmitted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology and then encrypted into the Website database, with access thereto restricted to authorized individuals only.
Requests for Access to Personal Information
Requests for Personal Information
On your written request, and taking into consideration what is reasonable, PPCLI will provide you, not later than 30 days from PPCLI’s receipt of your request, or such additional time as permitted or required by law, with:
- access to your personal information (if any) under our custody or control;
- information about the purposes for which your personal information (if any) under our custody or control has been and is being used by us; and
- the names of persons to whom, and the circumstances in which, your personal information (if any) has been and is being disclosed by
If you request a copy of your personal information and the information can reasonably be reproduced, PPCLI will provide you with a copy of the record or the part of the record containing the requested information or, if applicable, it will give you reasons for any delay in providing a copy of the requested information or record.
All requests may be subject to reasonable fees and disbursements. Where appropriate, PPCLI may require advance payment of a deposit or the entire costs of responding to a request for access to personal information.
Requests to Access Personal Information must be in Writing
PPCLI requires that all requests for access to personal information be in writing, be signed by the requestor and include sufficient detail to enable PPCLI, with a reasonable effort, to identify any record in the custody or under the control of PPCLI containing the personal information in respect of which the request is made
Limits on Right to Access Personal Information
Your ability to access your personal information under PPCLI’s custody and control is not absolute. PPCLI reserves all rights not to disclose personal information, in whole or in part, in certain circumstances permitted or required by law, including but not limited to where:
- the disclosure could reasonably be expected to threaten the safety or physical or mental health of an individual;
- the disclosure would reveal personal information about another individual;
- the information is protected by any legal privilege;
- the disclosure of the information would reveal confidential commercial information; or
- the personal information was collected for an investigation or legal
If access to your personal information is refused, in whole or in part, PPCLI will provide you with the reasons for the refusal, the provision of PIPEDA on which the refusal is based, and the name of the individual who can answer your questions on behalf of PPCLI about the refusal, and will inform you of any recourse which you may have pursuant to PIPEDA.
Requests for Correction of Personal Information
On written request by you, PPCLI will make every reasonable effort to correct errors or omissions in your personal information where that information is in PPCLI’s custody or control. PPCLI requires that all such requests be in writing, be signed by the requestor, and include sufficient detail to enable PPCLI, with a reasonable effort, to identify any record in the custody or under the control of PPCLI containing the personal information in respect of which the request is made.
If you make such a request, PPCLI will, as soon as reasonably possible and not later than 30 days from PPCLI’s receipt of your request, or within such additional time as permitted or required by law, either:
- correct the personal information and, if reasonable to do so, send correction notifications to any third party to whom PPCLI disclosed the incorrect information; or
- decide not to correct the personal information, but PPCLI will annotate the personal information under its control to indicate that a correction was requested but not
PPCLI will inform you of the action that it has taken in response to your request for correction, the name of the individual who can answer your questions on behalf of PPCLI about your request for correction, and will inform you of any recourse which you may have pursuant to PIPEDA.
Notwithstanding any requests for corrections of personal information, PPCLI will not correct or otherwise alter an opinion, including a professional or expert opinion.
Accountability and Contacting PPCLI
Should you have any questions, comments or concerns regarding PPCLI’s privacy policies, practices, or handling of your personal information or if you wish to request access to or correction of your personal information under PPCLI’s care and control, you may contact PPCLI’s Privacy Officer at:
|Attention: Privacy Officer|
|Address:||PPCLI Regimental Headquarters
PO Box 10500 Station Forces