The PPCLI Regimental Museum and Archives is located at 4520 Crowchild Trail SW, Calgary AB T2T 5J4. The gallery is open every day except Christmas and New Years Day. 0900-1700 on weekdays and 0930-1630 on weekends.
The PPCLI Museum was established in September 1953 in Wainwright, AB, where the PPCLI Regimental Depot was located. Regimental Sergeant Major Owen Gardner (later Captain) played an integral role in establishing the Museum and acquiring is initial collections. Prior to this, many artifacts were held in the Sergeants’ and Officers’ Messes. The Ric-a-Dam-Doo was in the Commanding Officer’s office and new soldiers were paraded in front of the original Colour.
In 1957 the Museum moved to Edmonton, and then in 1968 it moved to Currie Barracks in Calgary where it remained for 20 years. In 1989 the Museum moved to its current location at the Military Museums (then the Museum of the Regiments) with a grand opening held on 30 June 1990. In 2013 the PPCLI Gallery was extensively renovated, providing a modern and engaging display.
The PPCLI Museum and Archives is an accredited Canadian Armed Forces Museum and as such is a Non-Public Property institution. It has earned ‘Recognized Museum’ status as identified by the Alberta Museums Association, and is a member in good standing of the Canadian Museums Association and the Archives Society of Alberta. The governing body of the Museum is the Regimental Executive Committee.