On 20 March 1919 the Regiment was selected to form part of Canada’s peace-time army, to be called the Permanent Active Militia and more commonly known as the Permanent Force. The Regiment’s Headquarters, “A” and “D” Companies were re-located to Fort Osborne Barracks in Winnipeg, MB in April 1920. “B” Company was located at Esquimalt, BC.
Time between the wars were lean ones for the Canadian Militia, both Permanent and Non-permanent, representing a period of official neglect and ever decreasing establishments. By 1924, the Regiment had been reduced to 209 members, all ranks. Patricia’s were concentrated at Sarcee Camp, AB to carry out battalion training on only four occasions within twenty years.
Each summer the Winnipeg companies went to camp, first to Camp Hughes and later to Camp Shilo, to carry out company training. On the west coast, “B” Company trained at Heal’s Range and other points on Vancouver Island, BC.
Each year the Regiment was called on to provide instructors and to conduct qualifying courses for Officers and Non Commissioned Officers of the Non-Permanent Active Militia. Instructors were also provided for contingents of the Canadian Officers Training Corps at the universities of British Columbia, Alberta, Saskatchewan, and Manitoba.