On March 20, 1919, the regiment became a component of the Permanent Active Militia. In 1920 the regimental headquarters, A Company and D Company were relocated to Fort Osborne Barracks, in Winnipeg, Manitoba, while B Company relocated to Esquimalt, British Columbia. The period between the two wars was a recession period for the Canadian Armed Forces, and the regiment lost 209 soldiers in 1924